This is community of practice (CoP) from different academic institutions in Slovenia who are interested in implementing gender equality measures at their institutions. Since no institution in Slovenia has a gender equality office(er), the CoP Alt+G main focus is on making an alternative institutional infrastructure for sharing knowledge, experiences and strategies for implementing gender equality measures at both institutional and national level. The plan is to expand Alt+G into the region of former Yugoslavia where structural context is most similar.
The community of practice Alt+G has a mission:
- Develop shared knowledge, resources and practices on how to engage with implementing gender equality measures in the context of lack of structural capacities.
- Develop best practices based on the existing results from the completed or ongoing European projects in Slovenia dedicated to gender equality in academia.
- Developing knowledge and “how-to” counteract resistances.
- Conduct education for selected institutional change actors (at institutional and national level) on how to implement selected gender equality measures.
- Joint work toward fostering systemic policy incentives that would push the academic institutions towards implementing gender equality measures at the national level.
- Establish a platform for knowledge sharing at the national level and in Slovenian language.
- Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts (ZRC SAZU), Ljubljana & Nova Gorica
- National Institute of Chemistry, Ljubljana
- National Institute of Biology, Ljubljana & Piran
- Educational Research Institute, Ljubljana
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Work
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Education
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetical Engineering
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Peace Institute, Institute for Contemporary Social and Political Studies, Ljubljana
- InnoRenew CoE, Renewable Materials and Healthy Environments Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence, Izola
- University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty